It is a perennial plant widely cultivated as an annual in many varieties for its long conical orange edible roots grown in temperate and tropical regions which is deep orange edible root of the cultivated carrot plant
Keto scale Carrot
- Lower the number, better it is on a keto or low carb diet
- Net carbs is calculated by total carbohydrates minus fiber
Also see carb counter
Interesting facts about Carrot
- Are you aware that carrots come in many sizes and shapes: round, cylindrical, fat, very small, long or thin?
- Are you aware that carrots are usually orange in color?
- Are you aware that carrots are a root vegetable? (The edible or orange part of the carrot grows underground.)
- Are you aware that carrots are members of the parsley family? (Their feathery green leaves look somewhat like parsley. Other members of this family are celery, parsnips, dill, fennel and the wildflower called Queen Anne’s Lace.)
- Are you aware that that carrots are crunchy?
- Are you aware that you can eat carrots raw, cooked or even as a juice? (Carrots can be boiled, steamed, grilled or used to make cakes or breads)
- Are you aware that carrots contain more sugar than any other vegetable, except for the beet?
- Are you aware that baby carrots or mini-peeled carrots are grown from “caropak” carrots? (“Caropak” carrots are a different seed variety that grows slender carrots. They grow close together to keep their small size. These are primarily the variety of baby carrots available in supermarkets. True “baby” carrots would actually be carrots that have been removed from the ground early and look like miniature carrots. These are rarely available.)
- Are you aware that carrots provide 30% of the vitamin A in American diets? (Vitamin A is important for cell growth and development, for fighting diseases and for good vision.)
- Are you aware that carrots are a great healthy, snack?
Nutritional information on Carrot
|Food Portal | Food | Nutrition | Diet | Keto | Glycemic index|
NB:Carbohydrate, by difference(total carbs-fiber) is also called net carbs