Keto vegan recipes
If you are vegan and looking for keto friendly foods, here is a big list of keto friendly, low net carbohydrate foods. A keto vegetarian diet does not include any meat, poultry, or seafood. It is a meal plan made up of foods that come mostly from plants which include:
While choosing vegetables - use leafy greens, cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, collard greens, cauliflower, or other green vegetables. Avoid root vegetables such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, yam, carrots, beets etc.
Choose the following:
Protein sources on keto vegan diet
Here are some non-animal sources of nutrients that vegetarians need to make sure they get enough of:
- Tofu and other soy-based products
- Navy beans but not black or brown beans, peas, and lentils
- Peanuts, seeds, nuts
Things to avoid on a keto vegan diet
Avoid beans, root vegetables and corn on a low carb keto friendly diet - also avoid all grains, and other starchy foods.
List of keto vegan foods
Here is a list of low carb, keto friendly vegan foods.
Net carbs of below 5
- Asparagus with Gremolata Sauce Net carbs of just 1
- Baked Tofu Net carbs of 1
- Vegetarian Collard Greens - Net carbs of only 3
- Tofu Salad - only 4 net carbs
- Asian Coleslaw 4 net carbs
- Broccoli-Cheddar Frittata - Net carbs of 2
- Cabbage Comfort - Cabbage, onion, and caraway seeds make this simple and inexpensive side dish a flavorful way to eat more veggies.
Net carbs between 5-10
- Asian Peanut Butter Dip with Celery Net carbs of 6
- Avocado and Corn Salsa Net carbs of 8
- Snappy Cole Slaw - Net carbs of 8. Cabbage, onion, and caraway seeds make this simple and inexpensive side dish a flavorful way to eat more veggies. Ingredients: 1 onion (sliced), 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, 4 1/2 cups cabbage (sliced), 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Simple Mexican salad - Net carbs of 9
- Cobb salad with pears net carbs of 10
- Brazilian rice - 10 net carbs with brown rice, but you can use Cauliflower rice to lower it
- Curried Chickpea Salad - 6 net carbs
Net carbs of over 10
- Stir Fry Vegetables and Beef - 11 net carbs, you can reduce the net carbs by cutting the amount of vegetables in half
- 5 day salad - Net carbs of 13
Low carb sauces, soups and sides
- Argentinean Chimichurri Sauce Net carbs of just 1. Add some South American flair to your meal with this flavorful sauce, which can be used on meat, fish, or vegetables as a marinade or poured over your finished product.
- Cream of broccoli soup - delicious broccoli soup with net carbs of 7
More vegan recipes
- Delicious Greens - With net carbs of only 5, this recipe combines traditional leafy greens with cabbage, garlic, and onions for a savory side dish that's packed with flavor and nutrition.
- Easy Greek Salad - With net carbs of 3, while feta cheese is the star of any Greek salad, this recipe contains all of the must-have ingredients for a classic salad that is sure to please.
- Green Bean and Mushroom Medley - Lemon pepper seasoning and garlic salt give a flavor punch to this mushroom, carrot, and green bean side dish.
- Green Bean Saute - Only 4 net carbs. Jazz up green beans with mushrooms, onions, and garlic in a quick and easy vegetable side dish.
- Kale Chips with net carbs of just 3, it is a crunchy chip that you can customize to your liking! Make sure kale is washed and thoroughly dried to ensure kale chips are crispy and not soggy.
- Green Beans with Tomatoes and Basil - With net carbs of about 7, green beans give a flavor boost from fresh or dried parsley and basil, canned tomatoes, and onion.
- Herbed Vegetables - Serve this savory side dish with your favorite entree. This recipe can be made in minutes!
- Julia’s Sauteed & Steamed Collards - Collards are an all-time favorite side to any meal. This recipe starts with tender collards and adds a hint of “heat” from hot pepper flakes. Try this easy and tasty recipe at your next family gathering.
- Kale and Cranberry Stir-Fry - Net carbs of 12.
- French Spinach Frittata with net carbs of just 2, this French food item with scallions, spinach, and feta cheese are added to this classic oven-baked egg dish. Try substituting Cheddar, Swiss, or ricotta cheese for variety.
Dips, dressings and sides
- Creamy vegetable dip - Combining yogurt or cottage cheese with savory herbs and spices makes this veggie dip cool and delicious.
- Low Fat Creamy Dressing - With net carbs of just 1, it is a cool and tangy dressing or dip that’s perfect for your next salad or veggie tray.
- Okra and Greens - With net carbs of about 7, being spicy and flavorful, this is an amazing side dish that doubles easily. Double up and enjoy it with a crowd during the summer months when okra is in season.
- Parsley, Almond, and Lemon Pesto - Net carbs of just 1, this is an excellent choice on a ketogenic diet
- Heavenly Deviled Eggs - 1 net carbs, Versatile and easy to prepare, these deviled eggs are great as an appetizer, side dish, or snack.
Keto friendly vegetarian foods
- Ketogenic diet
- W8MD weight loss diet
- Vegan keto diet: Everything you need to know
- 27 DELICIOUS VEGAN KETO RECIPES
- How to eat low carb as a vegan