It ia a pungent fleshy edible root; Eurasian plant widely cultivated for its edible pungent root usually eaten raw; pungent edible root of any of various cultivated radish plants; radish of Japan with a long hard durable root eaten raw or cooked; a cruciferous plant of the genus Raphanus having a pungent edible root
Keto scale Radish
- Lower the number, better it is on a keto or low carb diet
- Net carbs is calculated by total carbohydrates minus fiber
Also see carb counter
Interesting facts about Radish
- Are you aware that radishes originated thousands of years ago in China, Egypt and Greece?
- Are you aware that radishes are root vegetables and grow underground?
- Are you aware that radishes have leafy green tops that grow above ground?
- Are you aware that some people eat the spicy leaves of the radish?
- Are you aware that the biggest crops of radishes in the U.S. are grown in California and Florida?
- Are you aware that there are many varieties of radishes but the “Red Globe’ is the most popular in the U.S.?
- Are you aware that the radish common to the U.S. is primarily red in color?
- Are you aware that this common radish is small and round or oval in shape?
- Are you aware that the round red radish is approximately 1 inch in diameter?
- Are you aware that this red radish has a solid, crisp flesh?
- Are you aware that the red round radish is crunchy, crispy and has a peppery flavor?
- Are you aware that radishes are a favorite in home, school and children’s gardens because they grow rapidly and are ready in 3 to 4 weeks? (Radishes are usually the first vegetable to come up in the spring.)
- Are you aware that radishes are sometimes sold in bunches with their leaves attached?
- Are you aware that that because the leaves yellow quickly, radishes are usually sold with the tops removed and are packaged in plastic bags?
- Are you aware that red radishes are usually eaten raw in salads or added to raw vegetable platters?
- Are you aware that you can make decorative roses out of radishes? (Simply make 1 or 2 rows of deep slashes all around the radish. Then put the radish in ice water and refrigerate until the petals swell and curl out into a flower shape.)
Nutritional information on Radish
|Food Portal | Food | Nutrition | Diet | Keto | Glycemic index|
NB:Carbohydrate, by difference(total carbs-fiber) is also called net carbs