The Banting Lectures a yearly series of research presentations given by an expert in diabetes. The name of the lecture series refers to Frederick Banting, who was a seminal scientist, doctor and Nobel laureate for the co-discovery of insulin. The lectures are currently hosted by the American Diabetes Association.
List of past Banting lectures
- 2006a: Cure, Optimal Care and Total Commitment: What if they happened tomorrow? Pizza, Robert 
- 2006b: Harmony and Discord in the Orchestration of Glucose Metabolism. Bergman, Richard 
- 2005: Critical conversations: fat, brain, and the regulation of energy balance. Flier JS
- 2004. The pathobiology of diabetic complications. A unifying mechanism. Brownlee M, Template:DOI PMID 15919781
- 2003. Autoimmune diabetes and the circle of tolerance. Rossini AA, 
- 2001: Dysregulation of fatty acid metabolism in the etiology of type 2 diabetes. McGarry JD, 
- 1997: Control of glucose uptake and release by the liver in vivo. Cherrington AD, PMID 10331429
- 1995: A lesson in metabolic regulation inspired by the glucokinase glucose sensor paradigm.
- 1994?: Hypoglycemia: the limiting factor in the management of IDDM. Cryer PE, 
- 1989: Structure and function of insulin receptors, Rosen OM, 
- 1988: Role of insulin resistance in human disease. Reaven GM, PMID 9058458 and Template:DOI PMID 3056758
- 1981: Macro- and micro-domains in the endocrine pancreas, Orci L 
- Banting's Nobel lecture
- Google search of Diabetes journal for Banting lecture
- less specific global Google search for "Banting lecture"
If you are a medical professional or an expert in any field of medicine, please join us in building the world's largest weight loss and wellness encyclopedia created by experts in the field, not by the crowd. Since its inception in 2011, W8MD’s insurance physician weight loss program has successfully helped thousands of patients succeed in not only losing weight but also keep it off with an ongoing maintenance plan.
W8MD’s physician weight loss program is unique in many ways with a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to weight loss addresses all the complex issues leading to weight gain, both in adults and children. The Center’s team of practitioners are among the most qualified, dedicated and hospitable professionals in the industry. Learn Learn more
Support our sponsors
W8MD weight loss, sleep and medspa centers sponsors WikiMD.
W8MD's Locations for losing weight, sleeping better and looking your best
King of Prussia
Medications for weight loss (diet pills) reviewed!
W8MD weight loss, sleep and medical spa blogs
Tired of being overweight?
W8MD's insurance weight loss program
W8MD can help?
Dr Tumpati is a board certified physician with significant practice experience in managing sleep disorders, internal medicine, aesthetic and obesity medicine. As one of the few physicians that have the privilege of a fellowship training in Obesity Medicine, Dr Tumpati is very passionate about educating the public and physicians about how some of the nutritional concepts were misunderstood. As the founder of W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep and MedSpa centers, Dr Tumpati is the medical director for the New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania locations and commutes weekly between the locations.