Interesting facts about Watermelon
- Are you aware that there are four categories of watermelons? (Ice Box, Allsweet, Seedless and Yellow Flesh)
- Are you aware that icebox watermelons can have a light green rind with dark green stripes or the rind can be all dark green?
- Are you aware that icebox watermelons range in size from 5 to 15 pounds?
- Are you aware that icebox watermelons have red or yellow flesh?
- Are you aware that icebox watermelon are popular for their convenient size, easy to fit in the refrigerator or a picnic cooler?
- Are you aware that farmers like growing icebox watermelons because the yield is great? (More melons fit on a field.)
- Are you aware that icebox watermelons are available in many varieties? (Sugar Baby, Tiger Baby, Mickeylee, Minilee, Petit Sweet, Yellow Doll…)
- Are you aware that watermelons originated in Africa?
- Are you aware that watermelon is in the cucumber and squash family?
- Are you aware that watermelons consist of 92% water and 6% sugar?
- Are you aware that watermelon is possibly the most refreshing and thirst quenching fruit?
- Are you aware that watermelon can be eaten in salads made into a salsa or blended into a refreshing cool drink?
- Are you aware that if you put an unripened watermelon in a paper bag it may help it to ripen?
- Are you aware that watermelon contains high quantities of lycopene? (Lycopene is an antioxidant that may help reduce risks of cancer and other diseases.)
Nutritional information on Watermelon
|Food Portal | Food | Nutrition | Diet | Keto | Glycemic index|
NB:Carbohydrate, by difference(total carbs-fiber) is also called net carbs