A plum is a fruit of the subgenus Prunus of the genus Prunus. Plums contain 30 calories, 0.2 grams of fat, 0.5 grams of protein, 4% of vitamin A, and 10% of vitamin C. Some benefits plums provide are they improve the health of your heart, they relieve constipation, protect against cancer, improves circulation of blood, lowers cholesterol levels, they are good for skin and bones, and reduce the appearance of scars.
Plum Red Plums Yellow Plums Purple Plums Blue Plums Green Plums Black Plums
- Are you aware that plums have a pit?
- Are you aware that plums are related to the nectarine, peach and apricot?
- Are you aware that plums have been treasured by the Chinese for over two thousand years?
- Are you aware that plum trees were brought to California from Asia in the 1870’s?
- Are you aware that California produces around 90% of the U.S. plums?
- Are you aware that plums come in a wide variety of colors --- red, purple, green, yellow, blue and black?
- Are you aware that plums have a round or heart shape?
- Are you aware that most plums have a yellow or reddish flesh?
- Are you aware that some plums are very sweet and others very tart?
- Are you aware that prunes are dried plums?
- Are you aware that plum juice is used to make jams and thick syrups?
- Are you aware that plums are a source of vitamin C? (Vitamin C is needed by the body to form collagen in bones, cartilage, muscle, and blood vessels, and aids in the absorption of iron.)
Nutritional information on Plums
|Food Portal | Food | Nutrition | Diet | Keto | Glycemic index|
NB:Carbohydrate, by difference(total carbs-fiber) is also called net carbs