- 1 Information about Glycopyrrolate
- 2 Liver safety of Glycopyrrolate
- 3 Mechanism of action of Glycopyrrolate
- 4 FDA approval information for Glycopyrrolate
- 5 Dosage and administration for Glycopyrrolate
- 6 Side effects of Glycopyrrolate
- 7 anticholinergic agents
- 8 Cost and Coupons - Glycopyrrolate
- 9 Reviews for Glycopyrrolate
- 10 Articles on Glycopyrrolate
- 11 Learn more about Glycopyrrolate
- 12 Help WikiMD
Information about Glycopyrrolate
Fesoterodine is an anticholinergic and antispasmotic agent used to treat urinary incontinence and overactive bladder syndrome.
Liver safety of Glycopyrrolate
Fesoterodine has not been implicated in causing liver enzyme elevations or clinically apparent acute liver injury.
Mechanism of action of Glycopyrrolate
Fesoterodine (fes" oh ter' oh deen) is anticholinergic agent which blocks the muscarinic acetylcholine receptors, particularly those found in the smooth muscle of the bladder. Fesoterodine increases bladder capacity and decreases bladder contractions and the urgency of urination. Fesoterodine is formulated in an extended release formulation and has a quarternary ammonium group that makes it less likely to cross the blood brain barrier.
FDA approval information for Glycopyrrolate
Fesoterodine was approved for use in the United States in 2008, and indications include urinary urge incontinence and overactive bladder syndrome.
Dosage and administration for Glycopyrrolate
Fesoterodine is available in tablets of 4 and 8 mg under the brand name Toviaz. The recommended adult oral dose is 4 to 8 mg once daily.
Side effects of Glycopyrrolate
Common side effects are those of parasympathetic stimulation and include dryness of the mouth and eyes, decreased sweating, headache, visual blurring, constipation, and urinary retention. Because of its structure, fesoterodine is believed to be less likely than other anticholinergic agents to cause central nervous system effects such as restlessness, confusion and hallucinations. Anticholinergic agents can precipitate acute narrow angle glaucoma and acute urinary retention.
Cost and Coupons - Glycopyrrolate
- GoodRx compare cost & coupons for Glycopyrrolate
- Find the lowest cost of Glycopyrrolate
- Search for Coupons for Glycopyrrolate
Reviews for Glycopyrrolate
Articles on Glycopyrrolate
- UpToDate on Glycopyrrolate
- NIH NLH drug info on Glycopyrrolate
- Read Wikipedia's article on Glycopyrrolate
Learn more about Glycopyrrolate
- Dailymed label info on Glycopyrrolate
- Scientific articles on Glycopyrrolate
- Images for Glycopyrrolate
Find something you can improve? Join WikiMD as an an editor and help improve this page or others.