MetabolomeTemplate:Ref refers to the complete set of small-molecule metabolites (such as metabolic intermediates, hormones and other signaling molecules, and secondary metabolites) to be found within a biological sample, such as a single organism. The word was coined in analogy with transcriptomics and proteomics as similar to the "transcriptome" and the "proteome", the metabolome is dynamic, changing from second to second. Although the metabolome can be defined readily enough, it is not currently possible to analyse the entire range of metabolites by a single analytical method (see: metabolomics). In January 2007 scientists at the University of Alberta and the University of Calgary finished a draft of the human metabolome. They have catalogued and characterized 2,500 metabolites, 1,200 drugs and 3,500 food components that can be found in the human body.
- Metabolomics journal
- Bioinformatics Journal
- The Human Metabolome Project
- The Human Metabolome Database
- The Human Metabolite Library
- The Human Serum Metabolome Project (HUSERMET)
- PDF of Reporting Standards for Metabolomic Studies
- Scientists complete human metabalome
- Template:Note First use of the term "metabolome" in the literature —
- First book on metabolomics — Template:Cite book
- . Stresses the role of intestinal microorganisms in contributing to the human metabolome.
- The importance of analytical sciences to omics and systems biology.
- Metabolomic data as an input to systems biology models.
If you are a medical professional or an expert in any field of medicine, please join us in building the world's largest weight loss and wellness encyclopedia created by experts in the field, not by the crowd. Since its inception in 2011, W8MD’s insurance physician weight loss program has successfully helped thousands of patients succeed in not only losing weight but also keep it off with an ongoing maintenance plan.
W8MD’s physician weight loss program is unique in many ways with a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to weight loss addresses all the complex issues leading to weight gain, both in adults and children. The Center’s team of practitioners are among the most qualified, dedicated and hospitable professionals in the industry. Learn Learn more
Support our sponsors
W8MD weight loss, sleep and medspa centers sponsors WikiMD.
W8MD's Locations for losing weight, sleeping better and looking your best
King of Prussia
Medications for weight loss (diet pills) reviewed!
W8MD weight loss, sleep and medical spa blogs