URGENT:COVID prophylaxis | Vitamin D | Latest research | NIH | CDC | Worldometer
Difference between revisions of "Ketogenic diet"
(Tag: 2017 source edit)
(→Other fats and oils)
(Tag: 2017 source edit)
|Line 36:||Line 36:|
Revision as of 23:31, 15 February 2020
Use in medicine: A ketogenic diet is used to treat difficult-to-control (refractory) epilepsy in children.
- 1 Example of a ketogenic meal plan
- 2 List of ketogenic / keto friendly foods
- 3 Keto friendly oils and fats
- 4 Other fats and oils
- 5 Keto Friendly Protein Sources
- 6 Keto friendly Vegetables
- 7 Other low carb vegetables
- 8 Keto friendly fruits
- 9 Keto friendly Spices
- 10 Keto friendly Condiments and sauces
- 11 Keto friendly sweeteners and flavors
- 12 Foods to avoid on keto diet
- 13 External
- 14 WHO preventing coronavirus
Example of a ketogenic meal plan
- Breakfast: egg with bacon 28 g egg, 11 g bacon, 37 g of 36% heavy whipping cream, 23 g butter and 9 g apple.
- Snack: peanut butter ball 6 g peanut butter and 9 g butter.
- Lunch: tuna salad 28 g tuna fish, 30 g mayonnaise, 10 g celery, 36 g of 36% heavy whipping cream and 15 g lettuce.
- Snack: keto yogurt 18 g of 36% heavy whipping cream, 17 g sour cream, 4 g strawberries and artificial sweetener.
- Dinner: cheeseburger (no bun) 22 g minced (ground) beef, 10 g American cheese, 26 g butter, 38 g cream, 10 g lettuce and 11 g green beans.
- Snack: keto custard 25 g of 36% heavy whipping cream, 9 g egg and pure vanilla flavoring.
List of ketogenic / keto friendly foods
Here is a list of keto friendly, low carbohydrate, high fat, and protein rich foods considered acceptable on most ketogenic diet plans.
Other fats and oils
- Coconut Butter
- Cocoa Butter
- Olive Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Macadamia Oil
- MCT Oil
- Nut Butter
- almond butter
- macadamia nut butter
Keto Friendly Protein Sources
- Fish use fatty fish such as catfish cod flounder halibut mackerel mahi-mahi salmon snapper trout tuna.
- Shellfish such as Clams oysters lobster crab scallops mussels squid
- Eggs - such as whole eggs fried eggs deviled eggs boiled eggs poached eggs and scrambled eggs
- Beef such as Ground beef steak roasts stew meat
- Pork such as Ground pork pork loin pork chops tenderloin and ham
- Poultry such as Chicken duck quail pheasant and other wild game
- Organ meats such as Heart liver kidney and tongue. Offal is one of the best sources of vitamins and nutrients
- Other Meat such as Veal Goat Lamb Turkey and other wild game.
- Bacon and Sausage
Keto friendly Vegetables
- Cauliflower Net carbs of – 3 g
- Cabbage Net carbs of – 3 g
- Avocado Net carbs of – 2 g
- Broccoli Net carbs of – 4 g
- Zucchini Net carbs of – 3 g
- Spinach Net carbs of – 1 g
- Asparagus Net carbs of – 2 g
- Kale Net carbs of – 3 g
- Green beans Net carbs of – 4 g
- Brussels sprouts Net carbs of – 5 g
Other low carb vegetables
Keto friendly fruits
Keto friendly Spices
Keto friendly Condiments and sauces
- Hot Sauce
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Salad Dressings
Keto friendly sweeteners and flavors
Foods to avoid on keto diet
Avoid All forms of bread (Loaf, Muffins, Rolls, Buns, Wraps, Pita, Burito, Bagels, Pretzels, Sandwiches) Avoid all kinds of sweets (Candy, desserts, honey, cake, chocolate, sugar, syrup, ice cream, pastry, cookies) Avoid fast food (Most Chinese food, Tacos, Noodles, French fries, Burgers, Pizza, Hot Dogs, Spaghetti etc.) Avoid Rice, soda, milk, juice, most forms of alcohol