Weight loss aid
Here is an 8 things for losing weight and staying healthy.
Before you start losing weight, here are some general principles:
- The goal should be to cultivate healthier eating habits, be more active for long term weight loss success.
- Maintain a log of your food and activity on a daily basis using any online food and activity logs or your smart phone apps such as myfitnesspal.
- Instead of worrying about the fat, focus more on the glycemic index and go low glycemic, low saturated fat.
- make sure to drink plenty of water - aim for drinking about 8 glasses of water a day to reduce the risk of constipation and cramps.
- Increase fiber intake in your food.
- Portion control the food
- Increase physical activity
- Understand the 5 proven measures to lose weight
What went wrong with our diet?
Instead of blaming the victim for obesity, or yourself for obesity, it is important to understand what drives the weight gain, such as insulin resistance that affects up to 71 percent of the entire population out of which 35 percent already have metabolic syndrome.
With over 20,000 books written on this topic with so much misleading information, let a trained practicing weight loss physician, Dr Prab R. Tumpati,MD educate you on the true science and art of obesity medicine.
Why the food pyramid failed?
Metabolic starvation in the obese
Most people that gain weight are not on a mission to gain weight intentionally. It is the paradoxical metabolic starvation that happens in the obese due to insulin resistance with a compensatory increase in the anabolic hormone called insulin that drives weight gain, hunger and metabolic starvation leading to food cravings, and weight gain!
3 things wrong with our diet | How insulin resistance causes weight gain? | Causes of weight gain | Skin tags and insulin resistance | Sugar rush and crash | How to lose weight? | Weight loss information
Ted Talks: Why blaming the obese is blaming the victim?
Need help losing weight?
Weight loss services