(Redirected from Spaghetti Squash)
It ia a medium-sized oval squash with flesh in the form of strings that resemble spaghetti; squash plant bearing oval fruit with smooth yellowish skin and tender stranded flesh resembling spaghetti.
Interesting facts about spaghetti squash
- Are you aware that spaghetti squash is also called noodle squash, vegetable spaghetti and squaghetti?
- Are you aware that spaghetti squash is a winter squash? (Winter squash have hard shells and are always eaten cooked. Their peak growing season is from September to March.)
- Are you aware that spaghetti squash is oblong in shape?
- Are you aware that the outside of spaghetti squash can be ivory, yellow or orange in color?
- Are you aware that the flesh or inside of spaghetti squash is orange?
- Are you aware that spaghetti squash contain many large seeds in its center?
- Are you aware that the spaghetti squash seeds can be roasted similar to pumpkin seeds?
- Are you aware that spaghetti squash grows on vines?
- Are you aware that spaghetti squash have yellow flowers?
- Are you aware that when the spaghetti squash is cooked, the flesh falls apart like strands of spaghetti?
- Are you aware that spaghetti squash can be baked, boiled, steamed or microwaved?
- Are you aware that you can cook spaghetti squash whole? (Simply pierce the squash in several places to allow steam to release. Bake or microwave.)
- Are you aware that you can substitute spaghetti squash for spaghetti and serve it with tomato sauce?
- Are you aware that you can toss spaghetti squash with butter or cheese for a great meal?
- Are you aware that some people eat spaghetti squash cold with a vinaigrette dressing?
- Are you aware that a cup of cooked spaghetti squash only contains 42 calories? (Regular cooked spaghetti contains 220 calories per cup.)
Nutritional information on Spaghetti squash
|Food Portal | Food | Nutrition | Diet | Keto | Glycemic index|
NB:Carbohydrate, by difference(total carbs-fiber) is also called net carbs