Information about Margosa Oil
Margosa or neem oil is a yellow oil with a disagreeable smell and bitter taste that has been used as a medical remedy in India and Southeast Asia for several centuries.
Liver safety of Margosa Oil
In recent years, there have been rare reports of acute onset of severe metabolic acidosis, hepatic and multiorgan failure and death following ingestion of margosa oil.
Mechanism of action of Margosa Oil
Margosa oil is an extract of the seeds of Azadirachta indica, commonly known as the neem tree native to India and Sri Lanka. In low doses, margosa oil has been a traditional remedy for centuries in India and Southeast Asia used in treating asthma, intestinal parasites, arthritis and leprosy. It is also an insecticide. The oil has a disagreeable smell and bitter taste attributable to volatile sulphur compounds and fatty acids. Free fatty acids account for 20% of its weight and bitters (nimbin, nimbinin, nimbidin and nibidol) for about 2%. The bitters are secondary products formed during storage of the oil or the seeds and concentrations can vary in different commercial samples.
- Aloe Vera, Ashwagandha, Astragalus, Bilberry, Black Cohosh, Butterbur, Cat's Claw, Cascara, Chaparral, Comfrey, Crofelemer, Echinacea, Ephedra, Fenugreek, Flavocoxid, Garcinia cambogia, Germander, Ginkgo, Ginseng, Greater Celandine, Green Tea, Hoodia, Hops, Horse Chestnut, Hyssop, Kava Kava, Kratom, Lavender, Maca, Margosa Oil, Melatonin, Milk Thistle, Noni, Passionflower, Pennyroyal Oil, Red Yeast Rice, Resveratrol, Saw Palmetto, Senna, Skullcap, Spirulina, St. John's Wort, Turmeric, Usnic Acid, Valerian, Yohimbine
Chinese and Other Asian Herbal Medicines
- Ba Jiao Lian, Bol Gol Zhee, Chi R Yun, Jin Bu Huan, Ma Huang, Sho Saiko To and Dai Saiko To, Shou Wu Pian
Multi-Ingredient Nutritional Supplements
See also Nutritional supplements
Cost and Coupons - Margosa Oil
- Oil GoodRx compare cost & coupons for Margosa Oil
- Find the lowest cost of Margosa Oil
- Search for Coupons for Margosa Oil
Reviews for Margosa Oil
Articles on Margosa Oil
Learn more about Margosa Oil
Find something you can improve? Join WikiMD as an an editor and help improve this page or others.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Drugs.|