(Redirected from Looseleaf Lettuce)
Interesting facts on looseleafe lettuce
- Are you aware that looseleaf is a variety of lettuce with leaves that are joined at the stem? (These form a loose bunch instead of a tight head like iceberg.)
- Are you aware that the most popular looseleaf lettuces are the green leaf and red leaf?
- Are you aware that looseleaf lettuce has soft, curly leaves?
- Are you aware that looseleaf lettuce has a semisweet taste?
- Are you aware that red leaf is sweeter and more fragile than green leaf?
- Are you aware that green leaf is crispier than red leaf?
- Are you aware that looseleaf lettuce is high in vitamin A? (A 1½ cup portion provides you with over 100% of your recommended daily value.)
- Are you aware that the majority of looseleaf in the U.S. comes from California and Florida?
- Are you aware that local farms in New Jersey also grow looseleaf lettuce?
- Are you aware that the darker the leaves the more nutritious the lettuce?
* Are you aware that lettuce actually originated as a weed in the Mediterranean?
- Are you aware that lettuce has been around for more than 4,500 years?
- Are you aware that if you mix different varieties of lettuce such as red
- and green leaf, romaine, bibb, radicchio and iceberg you will
- make a healthier more nutritious salad?
Nutritional information on Looseleaf lettuce
|Food Portal | Food | Nutrition | Diet | Keto | Glycemic index|
NB:Carbohydrate, by difference(total carbs-fiber) is also called net carbs