The honeydew also known as honeymelon is an edible fruit which is rich in nutrients.It contains 64 calories,0 grams of fat,53% of vitamin C,and 8% of vitamin B6. They also help reduce blood pressure,contains nutrients helpful to bones,helps blood sugar control,and is rich in electrolytes and water.
Interesting facts about Honeydew
- Are you aware that honeydew has a round to slightly oval shape?
- Are you aware that honeydew usually weighs from 4-8 pounds?
- Are you aware that honeydew has a smooth skin that ranges from greenish to yellow?
- Are you aware that the flesh or inside of the honeydew is pale green in color?
- Are you aware that honeydews taste better if left unrefrigerated for a few days?
- Are you aware that a 1/10 slice of a honeydew is only 50 calories?
- Are you aware that honeydew is high in Vitamin C? (A 1/10 slice contains 45% of your recommended daily value.)
- Are you aware that honeydews are considered the sweetest of all the melons?
- Are you aware that honeydew have seeds in the middle?
- Are you aware that there is orange fleshed honeydew? (The rind has a golden color that turns orange as the melon ripens.)
- Are you aware that the best time to get a sweet honeydew is from August to October?
Nutritional information on Honeydew
|Food Portal | Food | Nutrition | Diet | Keto | Glycemic index|
NB:Carbohydrate, by difference(total carbs-fiber) is also called net carbs