A grape is a fruit of the deciduous woody vines of the flowering plant genus Vitis. Grapes contain 62 calories, 0.3 grams of fat, 1% of vitamin A, 6% of vitamin C, and 55 of vitamin B-6.Some benefits grapes have are they prevent cancer, they keep you with a healthy heart, they help maintain good blood pressures,they reduce constipation, they help to alleviate symptoms of allergies, and they prevent acne.
Interesting facts about Grapes
Other names: Concord Grapes, Red Globe, Grapes, Grape
- Are you aware that grapes are one of the oldest fruits going back as far as biblical times?
- Are you aware that grapes can be eaten raw, or used for making jam, jelly, juice, vinegar, wine, raisins or grape seed oil?
- Are you aware that grapes come in thousands of varieties?
- Are you aware that the most widely planted grape is the Thompson Seedless?
- Are you aware that grapes come in a variety of colors? (Colors include: black, blue, golden, red, green, purple and blue-black)
- Are you aware that grapes grow in clusters of 6 to 300 grapes?
- Are you aware that grapes are round or oblong in shape?
- Are you aware that grapes grow on vines?
- Are you aware that grape vines usually wind around stakes or trellises? (The vines need these structures for support.)
- Are you aware that they make wreaths from grape vines?
- Are you aware that some cultures eat the grape leaf? (The Greeks make a dish called “dolmades”. It is grape leaves stuffed with lamb, rice and other items.)
- Are you aware that most grapes in the U.S. are grown in California?
- Are you aware that the top three world producers of grapes are China, Italy and the USA?
- Are you aware that that approximately 71% of world grape production is used for wine, 27% as fresh fruit, and 2% as dried fruit?
- Are you aware that grapes are classified into two categories? (The two categories are “Table Grapes” which are eaten raw and “Wine Grapes” which are used to make wine.)
- Are you aware that most table grapes have large seedless fruit with thin skin, and their juice is 15% sugar by weight? (Wine grapes are smaller and usually have seeds and thick skins. They are very sweet and their juice is 24% sugar by weight.)
- Are you aware that raisins are dried grapes?
- Are you aware that one cup of raisins contains 464 calories and one cup of grapes only contains 62 calories?
- Are you aware that grapes are about 80% water?
- Are you aware that grapes are a great low calorie snack?
- Are you aware that grapes can be frozen and are a refreshing summer treat?
Nutritional information on Grapes
|Food Portal | Food | Nutrition | Diet | Keto | Glycemic index|
NB:Carbohydrate, by difference(total carbs-fiber) is also called net carbs