Jump to navigation Jump to search
Interesting facts about Endive
Endive is also called Curly Endive Broad-Leaf Endive
- Are you aware that endive is closely related to the dandelion plant?
- Are you aware that endive is sometimes called chicory?
- Are you aware that endive originated in southern Asia and Egypt?
- Are you aware that endive is zesty, bitter and green?
- Are you aware that endive can be eaten raw or cooked?
- Are you aware that there are two varieties of endive? (Curly Endive --- wild looking, narrow, green curly outer leaves, usually eaten raw; Escarole/Broad-Leaved Endive: broad, pale green leaves, popular among Italians as a cooked dish with beans and often added to soups.)
- Are you aware that endive is related to Belgian endive but is totally a different plant?
Nutritional information on Endive
|Food Portal | Food | Nutrition | Diet | Keto | Glycemic index|
NB:Carbohydrate, by difference(total carbs-fiber) is also called net carbs