Easy weight loss
Here are some easy ways to lose weight.
Better breakfast for weight loss
Start with a better breakfast with more protein and fiber. Adding some fibre to your breakfast will help you stay feeling fuller until lunch and reduce the urge for a mid-morning snack. Swap white bread for wholegrain varieties and start the day right with a protein based, low glycemic foods.
Portion control for weight loss
- Eat with smaller plates and bowls.You’ll have a smaller portion and still feel satisfied.
- Aim for two portions of veg on your plate. This helps to cover your plate with low-calorie filling food,leaving less room for higher-calorie ingredients.
- Eat slowly. It takes about 20minutes for your stomach to tell your brain you’re full. When you eat fast, it’s easy to overeat.
- Turn off the TV. Eating in front of the TV can mean you eat more without noticing or enjoying your food.
- Weigh your food. Use kitchen scales to weigh your ingredients before you cook. This will help you stick to the suggested serving sizes.
Tips for eating healthier while dining out
- Avoid appetizers including bread, nuts or olives
- Stay clear of ‘supersize’ or ‘go large’ options
- If you’re having dessert, share it and go for fruit-based options
- Choose a starter instead of a main course
- Stop eating before you feel full Your meal guide You need to keep an eye on your portions to help you meet the calorie target for your day’s meals
Weight loss medications
In 2012, the FDA approved two new weight loss medications Qsymia and Belviq after years of rejecting many other weight loss medications. There are other traditional and time tested weight loss medications such as Phentermine, Phendimetrazine etc.
What works and what does not for losing weight?