Information about Dexamethasone
Dexamethasone (dex" a meth' a sone) is a synthetic, long acting glucocorticoid that is used parenterally as therapy of severe hypersensitivity reactions, shock and control of severe inflammation as well as in topical, otic, ophthalmologic solutions, aerosols and lotions or creams for local therapy of allergic reactions and inflammation.
Dosage and administration for Dexamethasone
Dexamethasone is available in multiple forms for injection under various generic and trade names including Decadron. Dexamethasone is 25 times more potent than cortisol in its glucocorticoid activity, but has minimal mineralocorticoid activity. Template:Corticosteroids
Cost and Coupons - Dexamethasone
- GoodRx compare cost & coupons for Dexamethasone
- Find the lowest cost of Dexamethasone
- Search for Coupons for Dexamethasone
Reviews for Dexamethasone
Articles on Dexamethasone
- UpToDate on Dexamethasone
- NIH NLH drug info on Dexamethasone
- Read Wikipedia's article on Dexamethasone
Learn more about Dexamethasone
Find something you can improve? Join WikiMD as an an editor and help improve this page or others.