Cantaloupes are the incredibly nutritious fruit with 53 calories,0.3 grams of fat,and 95 percent vitamin C. Cantaloupes help with many things such as blood pressure,cancer,digestion,hydration,skin,and hair.
Interesting facts about Cantaloupe
- Are you aware that cantaloupe is a melon?
- Are you aware that that cantaloupes are in the same gourd family as squashes and cucumbers?
- Are you aware that cantaloupes have a rough, rigid, tan skin?
- Are you aware that cantaloupes have an orange flesh?
- Are you aware that cantaloupes grow on a vine on the ground?
- Are you aware that cantaloupe is a juicy, sweet alternative for dessert?
- Are you aware that that cantaloupe is a popular melon in the United States?
- Are you aware that that a squirt of lemon or lime juice will enhance or perk up the flavor of a slice of cantaloupe?
- Are you aware that that there are six common sizes of cantaloupe? (The sizes are 9, 12, 15, 18, 23 and 30. They are grouped into specific sizes based on their weight and the number that can fit into a 40-pound case or cardboard shipping box. A size 12 means that there are 12 cantaloupes of similar weight, approximately 3¼ lbs., in a 40-pound box. The smaller the number, the larger the cantaloupe.)
- Are you aware that if you leave uncut cantaloupe at room temperature for two to four days the fruit will become softer and juicier?
Nutritional information on Cantaloupe
|Food Portal | Food | Nutrition | Diet | Keto | Glycemic index|
NB:Carbohydrate, by difference(total carbs-fiber) is also called net carbs