URGENT:COVID prophylaxis | Vitamin D | Latest research | NIH | CDC | Worldometer
The term belly fat usually refers to the excess adipose tissue in and around your tummy, especially the fat inside the belly or abdomen called visceral fat considered unhealthy!
- 1 What is the importance of belly fat?
- 2 What’s causing your weight gain? - Belly fat
- 3 Could insulin resistance explain your weight gain?
- 4 What really causes your weight gain?
- 5 STOP Blaming The Victim For Obesity
- 6 Is low vitamin D due to unhealthy belly fat?
- 7 Apple shaped body versus the pear shaped body
- 8 What causes the apple shaped body?
- 9 Waist to hip ratio
- 10 How to lose belly fat
- 11 Also see
- 12 External links
- 13 Sponsors
- 14 Tired of being overweight? W8MD can help! W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep & Aesthetic Services
What is the importance of belly fat?
What’s causing your weight gain? - Belly fat
- Up to 70 percent of the population in the United States deals with being overweight or obese
- 35 percent of all adults, according to Centers for Disease Control (CDC) are prediabetic and have significant insulin resistance while another 36 percent have some signs of insulin resistance
- Diabetes has increased by over 500 percent in the last 50 years or so and now affects 8 percent of the population.
Could insulin resistance explain your weight gain?
What really causes your weight gain?
STOP Blaming The Victim For Obesity
3 things wrong with our diet | How insulin resistance causes weight gain? | Causes of weight gain | Skin tags and insulin resistance | Sugar rush and crash | Causes of weight gain | Weight loss information
Is low vitamin D due to unhealthy belly fat?
Apple shaped body versus the pear shaped body
What causes the apple shaped body?
The body fat redistribution occurs due to the underlying insulin resistance in those that have excess belly fat.
Waist to hip ratio
A large waist circumference of 40 inches or more in the mid section (not pant size) in males, or 35 inches or more in women (lower in Asians) is one of the 5 criteria for Metabolic syndrome. A waist to hip ratio of one or more in men and 0.8 or more in women is considered to increase the risk of cardiovascular disease
How to lose belly fat
It is important to understand the 5 proven measures to lose weight including Very low calorie diet, FDA approved weight loss medications, physical activity, weight loss surgery and correction of underlying causes of weight gain.
- Metabolic syndrome
- Insulin resistance
- Study: belly fat associated with higher risk of cardiovascular disease
- Diet and inflammation
- The Body Weight Simulator
- Metabolic syndrome meter