A vaccine in which live virus is weakened through chemical or physical processes in order to produce an immune response without causing the severe effects of the disease. Attenuated vaccines currently licensed in the United States include measles, mumps, rubella, polio, yellow fever and varicella. Also known as a live vaccine.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Have question on Attenuated vaccine? Ask in the Question portal.
- FAQ's on Attenuated vaccine
- Frequently Asked Questions
Find something you can improve? Join WikiMD as an an editor and help improve this page or others.
- UpToDate on Attenuated vaccine
- Medline Plus Attenuated vaccine
- Most recent articles on Attenuated vaccine
- Most cited articles on Attenuated vaccine
- Ongoing Trials on Attenuated vaccine